The NSW Northern Rivers region was the epicentre of the devastating February and March 2022 floods. The NRRC was established as a coordinating body and is best placed to prioritise and synchronise the significant reconstruction effort in the region.
The Northern Rivers Reconstruction Corporation coordinates the long-term effort and transformative program of work focused on providing more sustainable outcomes for all Northern Rivers communities to remain safe and to better cope with natural disasters in the future.
The NRRC is working across government and with stakeholders and communities within the seven local government areas in the Northern Rivers.
Connecting with Country
NRRC is committed to embedding ‘Connecting with Country’ and ‘Working with Country’ frameworks and principles across all engagement, programs and projects.
The NRRC has a strong focus on supporting Aboriginal outcomes, including:
- Indigenous skills development and supporting Aboriginal businesses across the supply chain.
- Delivery of Aboriginal housing, supporting infrastructure and community facilities
- Embedding the frameworks and principles across engagement, programs and projects.
The Resilient Lands Program is being delivered by the NRRC under the Resilient Homes Fund to deliver a sustainable supply of suitable land to deliver housing options in the Northern Rivers. The Resilient Lands Program is based on a number of key principles, including to ensure that:
- Improving outcomes for the Northern Rivers community is at the heart of our work, and
- We work with residents, local businesses and the community to improve outcomes.
The NRRC is focused on establishing partnerships with key organisations and community to improve outcomes for flood impacted residents and the region. To date, the NRRC has established key partnerships with:
- Landcom to deliver affordable and sustainable housing outcomes for Northern Rivers communities and collaborate on joint projects that improve social and economic benefits for the Northern Rivers.
- Southern Cross University through its Living Lab Northern Rivers, a collaboration between the Northern Rivers Reconstruction Corporation, Southern Cross University, and the University of Technology Sydney to support reconstruction and recovery through research, community engagement, technical and local expertise and lived experience.
Find out more about our partnerships
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Service NSW on: 13 77 88