The $140 million Regional Job Creation Fund supports existing businesses in regional NSW to grow and encourages interstate or overseas businesses to invest in regional NSW.
Regional NSW is Australia’s largest and most diverse regional economy and is home to thriving agribusiness, energy and resources industries and strong manufacturing, tourism and service sectors.
It has all the key ingredients for businesses to thrive and has direct road and rail access to major domestic markets and highly efficient transport linkages to some of the world’s fastest growing markets across Asia and beyond.
The Regional Job Creation Fund supports regional investment and job creation by providing co-funding to activate or bring forward regional projects in engine, enabling or emerging engine industries. Examples of eligible projects could include the:
- replacement, upgrade or adaptation of plant and equipment at an existing regional NSW business
- establishment of an additional production line for an existing regional NSW business
- onshoring of activity currently done overseas to a regional NSW location
- development of new regionally significant and /or iconic tourism experiences and visitor attractions creating new inter-state or international demand in the region
- relocation of a business operation from out of state to regional NSW
The Regional Job Creation Fund’s focus is to co-fund projects creating at least five sustainable regional jobs. Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash co-contribution to the project and the NSW Government contribution will be no more than $20,000 per new job created through the project.
Successful projects - round one and two
To view the map in full screen, please click here.