Is your event idea interesting or relevant to seniors?
Seniors in NSW make up a highly engaged and growing demographic group. Some common interests include:
- food, dining and cooking
- recreation and fitness
- health and wellbeing
- art and culture
There are many opportunities to engage older adults in activities, workshops and events they find stimulating, rewarding and entertaining.
All events should fit in with the Seniors Festival's purpose. This is saying 'Thank you' to seniors for their contribution to community life in NSW. They should also, in some way, help improve quality of life for seniors. For example, through social interaction, art appreciation, fitness or digital skills.
We also try to promote free or low cost events. The events should be inclusive - welcoming people of diverse backgrounds, and where possible, accessible to people with disability.
Your activity must:
- be based in NSW only
- be held between 1st and 12th of February 2023
- not promote activities that encourage gambling, such as bingo, or the consumption of alcohol.
Plan your event
- Browse our Showcase videos and gallery for ideas
- Check NSW event starter guide
- For more about criteria and planning, contact us.
How will the event be promoted?
We have a great range of tookits and resources for all NSW Seniors Festival stakeholders.
Contact us for further inquiries.