The study assessed:
- Key international markets for export
- High-value perishable export commodities (such as beef, lamp, summerfruits, aquaculture, pork and dairy)
- Production regions in NSW
- 60 potential regional airport locations
- Supply chain including existing infrastructure and operational requirements
Initial findings from the report show that investments in improving regional air freight supply chains may be feasible, but further investigation is needed to ensure public money is committed to the areas that will produce the best results for NSW producers.
The NSW Government will now focus on the next phase of investigation, which involves in-depth analysis of market demand and the supply chain, industry engagement and an economic, commercial and financial evaluation of the opportunity. This work is expected to be completed by mid 2020.
Download the fact sheet summarising the findings (PDF, 1.46 MB)
For more information, email email@example.com.