A NSW Government website

Heavy vehicle licences

Everything you need to know about heavy vehicle licences including tests, fees, registered training organisations and licence rules.

Need a heavy vehicle licence? Find out what to do for the different heavy vehicle licence classes.
Planning to get your heavy vehicle licence? Find out which tests you must pass and how to prepare.
RTOs deliver the Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA). Read the list of accredited Registered Training Organisations.
Need information about the fees for heavy vehicle licences and assessments? Find out what you need to pay.
Do you hold a Multi Combination (MC) heavy vehicle licence? There are specific rules you must follow to keep you and others safe.
Top of page