Replace a lost, stolen or damaged photo card

Has your photo card been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed? Have your personal details changed? You can apply for a replacement online or in person.

On this page

Replacing your photo card online

You can replace your photo card online.

You can only order 1 replacement photo card online in a 12 month period.

You cannot replace your photo card online if you've:

  • changed your address within the last 14 days, or
  • ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months.

Replacing your photo card in person

You can also replace your photo card by visiting any service centre.

You need to pay the replacement fee unless you're eligible for a concession.

If you apply in person, you need to bring:

Once you pay the fee, if we have a valid photo of you in our system, we can use this photo for your new card.

If you don't want to use this existing photo, a new photograph can also be taken. Check the photo requirements before you visit a service centre.

Your replacement card will have the same expiry date as the card you have replaced and is posted to you. If you haven't received it within 10 days, contact us on 13 22 13.

Top of page