Replacing your driver or rider licence

Has your licence card been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed? You can apply for a replacement card online or at a service centre.

On this page

Online replacement

In most cases, you can apply for a replacement licence online.


You'll need to visit a service centre to replace your licence, if:

  • you've changed your address within the last 14 days, or
  • you've ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months, or
  • you'd like to apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time.

Replacing your licence at a service centre

To replace your licence in person, visit a service centre. You need to provide:

Once you pay the fee, you'll receive a temporary paper licence. We will post your photo licence card to you. You can use the paper licence until your new card arrives.

Cancelled licences and disqualified drivers

If your licence has been cancelled or suspended, or you've been disqualified from driving or riding, call 13 22 13, or visit a service centre for guidance on your next steps.

Top of page