Rider tests and practice tests

You need to pass two tests for the NSW rider licensing scheme: a knowledge test to get your learner licence, then a riding test to get your P1 licence.

Quick links:

The Rider Knowledge Test is a computer-based test you must pass to get your learner rider licence.
Use our free practice tests to get to know the questions and check you’re ready to take the test.
Passing the riding test is the final step to progress from a learner rider to a P1 licence.
For pre-provisional rider training, you have to pass the Motorcycle Operator Skills Test.
Top of page