On this page
Joining the Classic Vehicle Scheme
For your club to become an approved organisation, officials must complete an Application for an Approved Organisation - Classic Vehicle Scheme (PDF, 254.09 KB) form and attach copies of these documents:
- evidence of the organisation’s corporate status – a Certificate of Registration issued by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission or Certificate of Incorporation issued by NSW Fair Trading.
- organisation constitution – demonstrating that the organisation can meet the Classic Vehicle Scheme policy. Get a sample constitution by emailing email@example.com
- list of a minimum of 50 motoring clubs – associated with the approved organisation
- list of representatives – forming the organisation's proposed Eligibility Committee
- name and contact details of Eligibility Committee's Responsible Persons
- criteria applied to a vehicle – for it to be accepted as an eligible Classic Vehicle (if more strict than the relevant NSW vehicle standards)
- inspection process and proof of compliance requirements – to demonstrate an eligible classic vehicle meets the Classic Vehicle Scheme policy
- policies and procedures documents – to demonstrate that the club has professional and safety standards to provide sufficient administrative controls over vehicle construction, vehicle log books and training and competency levels for vehicle scrutineers.
Return the form and documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post them to:
Enrolment Processing Unit
(Classic Vehicle Scheme)
Transport for NSW
PO Box 122
Glen Innes NSW 2370
When your application is accepted your organisation will need to sign a Classic Vehicle Scheme Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) (PDF, 8.22 MB) with Transport for NSW.
Updating your organisation's details
If your organisation has a change of address or changes any other details, let us know by emailing email@example.com.