You must first register your interest to be considered for NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491). NSW will use the information you provide when you register your interest for NSW nomination to decide whether you will be selected to apply.
Registering your interest in NSW nomination is not an application.
You can register your interest in NSW nomination for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) by completing our online form during a ‘submission window’.
NSW will select and invite candidates to apply to a Regional Development Australia (RDA) office up to seven days of a submission window closing.
Submission windows for the 2021-22 financial year are the months of August, October, January, and March.
You must only register you interest in NSW nomination once during a submission window. This includes where you are skilled in more than one occupation.
How to register your interest
Simply complete our online form during a submission window to register your interest in NSW nomination.
When you register your interest you must:
- You cannot withdraw your registration of interest after you submit it
- You must register your interest in NSW nomination only once during a submission window
- You may submit a new form only if the previously entered information has significantly changed during the submission window
- Submitting more than one form does not increase your likelihood of being invited, and may result in your submissions being removed from the selection process
Information you need to know when you register your interest
When you register your interest for NSW nomination, you must provide your:
- SkillSelect EOI number
- Nominated occupation
- Current visa subclass number and expiry date (if applicable)
- Residential address and contact phone number
- Current employer's information and ABN (if applicable)
NSW will invite highly skilled candidates for occupations required in Regional NSW to apply for nomination. Skilled employment experience, current employment, and residency will be considered when selecting candidates. NSW will prioritise candidates applying under stream one.
- Ensure you are eligible for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)
- Confirm which NSW nomination stream you can register your interest under
- Register your interest in NSW nomination during a submission window
- Successful candidates will be invited to apply for nomination up to seven days of a submission window closing
- Apply for nomination to a NSW region within 14 days of being invited
- If successful, you will receive an invitation to apply for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) through SkillSelect
Find information about NSW nomination streams on our Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) page.
Regional NSW occupation lists are available on our Skilled Visa Occupation Lists page.
Read our Common skilled visa questions for more information.