On this page
About our clinics
Inflatable lifejackets require extra care and attention to ensure they will inflate in an emergency.
Most inflatable lifejackets can be self-serviced, depending on the manufacturer's guidelines.
Our boating educators run free clinics to promote awareness of inflatable lifejacket servicing requirements, including step-by-step instructions on how to self-service your lifejacket.
The clinics are run as part of the NSW Government's 'Wear a Lifejacket' campaign, and in line with the Maritime Safety Plan.
Importance of servicing your lifejacket
Lifejackets are vital for your safety when you're out boating.
In NSW you must service your inflatable lifejacket every year - or in line with the manufacturer's advice.
Most manufacturers specify routine checks and maintenance schedules for keeping your lifejacket in good condition.
Penalties may apply if you fail to service your lifejacket as required.
Online video tutorial
Watch one of our lifejacket clinic livestreams on how to self-service your inflatable lifejacket.
Access the transcript for this presentation.
Face to face workshops
Boating Education Officers run free inflatable lifejacket self-service clinics at boating locations around NSW. Anyone can attend, and participants are eligible to receive free lifejacket replacement parts for their inflatable lifejacket, or a discount voucher that can be used towards the purchase of an inflatable lifejacket or self-service parts at a retail partner listed below. Details of upcoming clinics - both face to face and online - will be published and regularly updated on this page, and advertised on the NSW Maritime Facebook page, as well as local area newspapers and radio.
Boating organisations and clubs can also request a Boating Education Officer to deliver a lifejacket self-service clinic to their members and local stakeholders.
To place a request, please contact email@example.com.
- Attendees are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of their session at the registration table to check in.
- Attendees are required to bring their own lifejacket to participate.
- Limit of one voucher per registered participant. Vouchers are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of issue.
- Should any clinic be cancelled or registered participants do not attend the scheduled session, no discount vouchers will be issued.
- All attendees are to follow NSW Government COVID-19 safety guidelines and instruction given by staff to adhere to the events COVIDSafe Plan.
- BCF – throughout NSW
- C-Kayak Australia – Greater Sydney and Newcastle
- Coffs Harbour Marine – Coffs Harbour
- Complete Angler and Camping Outdoors – Gregory Hills
- Disco Marine – Grafton
- Fraser Marine – Eden
- Hastings Marine – Port Macquarie
- Maclean Outdoors – Maclean
- Manning River Marine - Taree
- North Coast Boating Centre – Urunga
- Ottos Tackle World – Drummoyne
- Riverina Marine Centre – Wagga Wagga
- Sturrocks of Sydney – Rushcutters Bay, Sydney
- Sussex Marine – Sussex Inlet
Would you like to participate as a retail partner in our inflatable lifejacket self-service clinic program? Contact us to register your interest.