Published 12th April, 2019
- Before sending correspondence to the Minister, please ensure you are familiar with the following policy.
- We aim to read all correspondence within one business day of receipt, and respond where required, within 20 working days of receipt.
- Sometimes the matters raised in correspondence are complex and require detailed investigation. Should we anticipate a delay, we will advise you accordingly.
- Where your correspondence results in action being taken to resolve your issue, the Department may contact you by telephone or email. No formal response from the Minister will be provided.
- A common sense approach is applied when preparing correspondence. All comments are noted, but may not result in a formal response.
- There may be occasions where the issues you raise are outside the Minister’s portfolio responsibilities. In this case your correspondence will be forwarded to the relevant Minister for their attention
- We will only respond to items where the Minister is the primary recipient. We will not respond to correspondence where the Minister is not the primary recipient, but is marked as carbon copy.
- Petitions can only be officially presented by Members of the Legislative Assembly. Petitioners should contact their local Member of Parliament to ask for the petition to be lodged. Find more information about petitions on the Parliament NSW website.
- We will delete unsolicited advertisements without response.
- We will forward any correspondence containing threatening content or advocating illegal activities to the NSW Police Force.
- We will not respond to correspondence containing offensive language or content.