NSW Government Boards and Committees Register
Kosciuszko National Park Wild Horse Scientific Advisory Panel
Applications are now open for membership of the Wild Horse Scientific Advisory Panel for Kosciuszko National Park.
The Panel will provide rigorous scientific and technical advice to the Office of Environment and Heritage to inform preparation of a draft wild horse heritage management plan for Kosciuszko National Park being prepared under the Kosciuszko Wild Horse Heritage Act 2018.
Nominations are invited from persons with expertise and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- cultural heritage assessment and management
- animal welfare and veterinary science
- animal population survey, modelling and statistical analysis
- horse ecology (including demography, reproduction and behaviour) and/or horse population control techniques
- vertebrate pest species management, including assessment of impacts to natural and cultural values
- biology and ecology of the flora and fauna of the Australian Alps/Kosciuszko National Park and associated alpine, sub alpine and montane ecosystems
- soil erosion and soil processes.
The size of the Panel will be determined based on the range of expertise received in nominations. If additional scientific expertise is required, further appointments may be made.
Panel appointments will initially be for 12 months.
How To Apply
Application forms may be obtained online.
Completed application forms, accompanied by a curriculum vitae, must be returned by email by close of business Friday 21 December 2018.