NSW Government Boards and Committees Register
Health Professional Councils Lay Members Panel
Expressions of interest are being sought from suitably qualified and experienced nominees for appointment by the Minister for Health to the Health Professional Councils Shared Lay Members Panel.
Lay Members can be appointed by a health professional council to sit as a member of the Civil and Administrative Tribunal and other regulatory hearings, committees and panels that regulate health professionals in NSW.
There are 15 councils which are independent statutory bodies established under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice
- Chinese Medicine
- Medical Radiation Practice
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
The primary responsibility of the councils is to protect the public by managing complaints about the health, performance and conduct of registered health professionals practising in NSW.
How To Apply
Successful applicants will be selected on merit with an appropriate range of knowledge, skills and diversity.
In your application, please include:
- A brief expression of interest addressing the selection criteria
- An up to date resume outlining your experience and qualifications (maximum 5 pages)
- A completed expression of interest form
- The names and contact details of two referees.
Applications must be sent by email by close of business on Friday 14 February 2020.