NSW Government Boards and Committees Register
Mental Health Review Tribunal
Expressions of interest are being sought from suitably qualified and experienced nominees for appointment to the Mental Health Review Tribunal.
The tribunal is recruiting nominees on a part time basis who qualify in the following professions:
- Australian Legal Practitioner, who must be qualified and admitted as an Australian lawyer and hold a current practising certificate (for a minimum of seven years),
- Psychiatrist, who must be a registered medical practitioner with specialist registration in psychiatry and recognised qualifications as a psychiatrist, or
- Other suitably qualified persons, with qualifications or experience rendering them suitable to be appointed as members of the tribunal.
Part time members are required to sit on tribunal panels and review the situation of persons with a mental illness within the framework of the NSW Mental Health Act 2007 (the Act) and the Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990 and make appropriate determinations and orders.
How To Apply
Your application must include:
- A covering letter (maximum 2 pages)
- An up to date resume outlining your experience and qualifications (maximum 3 pages)
- A completed expression of interest form
Applications should be clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL - Application for appointment to the Mental Health Review Tribunal” and sent by email, or mail to: The Registrar, Mental Health Review Tribunal, PO Box 247, GLADESVILLE NSW 1675 by Sunday 23 February 2020.