New B-Line to transform Northern Beaches bus travel
The NSW Government has today unveiled the future of bus travel on the Northern Beaches, with a fleet of double decker buses to run at least every 10 minutes during the day from new bus stops between Mona Vale and the CBD.
NSW Premier Mike Baird and Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance said services on the new 27 kilometre bus rapid transit network called B-Line are expected to be up and running by late 2017.
“The B-Line will transform bus travel on the Northern Beaches and, in just two years, customers will be able to rip up their timetable and catch a bus at least every 10 minutes,” Mr Baird said.
“New double decker buses will have plenty of comfortable seats, architecturally designed B-Line stops will include modern facilities and real-time service information, and customers will be encouraged to park and ride with about 900 new commuter parking spaces.”
The project will include:
- Nine modern B-Line stops at Mona Vale, Warriewood, Narrabeen, Collaroy, Dee Why, Brookvale, Manly Vale, Spit Junction (Mosman) and Neutral Bay with real-time information, seating, weather protection and improved facilities for customers;
- Six new commuter car parks at Mona Vale, Warriewood, Narrabeen, Dee Why, Brookvale and Manly Vale providing about 900 spaces;
- Brand-new double decker buses with improved on-board capacity and comfort
- Roadworks including new bus lanes, bus bays, minor lane widening and other road improvements to support bus services; and
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle links to connect customers with B-Line stops.
Mr Constance said ahead of the new B-Line opening, about 480 additional weekly bus services will be added between February and October 2016 to address the immediate need for improved services.
“The NSW Government will now start the consultation process with the community and businesses on the preferred locations of some of the B-Line stops and commuter car parks along the 27 kilometre route,” Mr Constance said.
Visit www.b-line.transport.nsw.gov.au for more information.