Sutherland Hospital expansion officially open
Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Health Minister Brad Hazzard have officially opened an expansion of Sutherland Hospital as part of a $62.9 million redevelopment.
The Premier and Mr Hazzard were joined by Member for Cronulla Mark Speakman, Member for Miranda Eleni Petinos, Member for Heathcote Lee Evans and Member for Holsworthy Melanie Gibbons.
“Today’s opening reaffirms the NSW Government’s commitment to delivering better health services for the people of southern Sydney,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“This is an outstanding building, which will benefit patients and staff alike.”
Mr Hazzard said the new building boasts the latest medical technologies and will ensure frontline health care will be delivered in state-of-the-art facilities.
“The $62.9 million redevelopment is in addition to the $9.1 million multi-deck car park, completed in late 2014, which provided an extra 300 car spaces.”
“It is wonderful to see the dedicated staff at Sutherland Hospital now have a world-class facility, equipment and services to improve on the exceptional care they already provide,” Mr Hazzard said.
The redevelopment includes:
- a new and expanded Emergency Department
- a new Emergency Department Short Stay Unit
- a new General Medical Unit
- a new General Surgical Inpatient Unit
- expanded Critical Care Medical Unit
- construction of a 140-space ground level car park
Refurbishment works will also be undertaken to include:
- additional storage space for operating theatres
- expansion of the imaging department, including space for a new CT scanner.