NSW flood information
Go to the Emergency Management NSW website for up to date information on:
- Emergency contacts
- Transport disruptions
- Flood warnings
- Financial assistance
- For emergency help in floods and storms call the SES: 132 500
- For life-threatening emergencies call: 000
- To volunteer with NSW SES or for FloodSafe information call: 1800 201 000
- Community Services, Disaster Welfare Services: 1800 018 444
- NSW weather warnings
Visit the Bureau of Meteorology website for a list of current flood warnings.
- NSW flood map
Bureau of Meteorology map of current NSW rainfall and river conditions.
- RTA live traffic alerts
An interactive map detailing NSW roads currently affected by floods.
- Water monitoring network
Access real time data including the latest flow levels and height values from river and stream monitoring sites throughout the state.
State Emergency Service website.
- FloodSafe website
Resources for home, business and rural properties to help prepare for floods.
- Declared natural disasters areas
Information on areas of NSW declared as natural disasters.
- Maintaining your health during and after floods and storms
Understand how to reduce your risk of injury, sickness or infection during floods and storms.
- Food safety in emergencies
Advice on preparing for emergencies, basic hygiene practices and what to do after a flood.
Disaster recovery and assistance
- Natural Disaster Assistance Schemes
Schemes available to those in areas declared as natural disasters include Personal Hardship and Distress Assistance, Primary Producers, Small Business, Assistance for Councils and more.
- The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
This is a one-off payment, available through Centrelink, for people who have been adversely affected by the NSW floods.
- Disaster recovery
Disaster Welfare Services provide support to help people and communities recover from disasters such as floods, droughts, storms and bushfires, and other major incidents.
- Australian Tax Office assistance
The Australian Tax Office offers some support through difficult times.
- Australian Government Disaster Assist
A website set up by the Australian Government to give individuals and families better access to information about recovery assistance following a disaster.
- Livestock, crops and pastures
Advice for rural producers on managing infrastructure, livestock, crops and pastures.