What we do
Our department works across government to advise on matters affecting local communities across regional NSW. More than one-third of the NSW population lives regionally, and thousands more spend time in the regions each year for work, study, holidays and events.
We work with local businesses and communities, and we represent and champion regional causes, including:
- building resilient regional economies and communities
- attracting key workers
- boosting regional and rural housing
- enhancing economic diversification in local communities
- strengthening the liveability of regional towns
- finding solutions for cross-border communities and building opportunities for regional youth
- strengthening primary industries, and managing regional land
- overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources
- developing valuable public works infrastructure and ensuring government investment is fair and positive.
Engage with us
Most of our staff live and work in regional NSW, with direct connections to communities we serve. Find out more about our structure, people, leaders and commitment to regional NSW.
Our department has a diverse culture that empowers people to reach their full potential. Find out more about career opportunities that also help drive growth in regional NSW.
Find out how to access our government information, or in relation to contracts and disclosure.
Stay up to date with the latest news, announcements and events from the Department of Regional NSW.
Our agencies and offices work together to achieve the best outcomes for the people of regional NSW. These cover primary industries, minerals and resources, land services, regional development and more.
Access our Regional NSW pages on grants and funding, business and investment, community programs for regional youth and more.