Housing and construction

Housing and construction information

What you need to know about buying and selling a home. Calculate your buying costs such as transfer (stamp) duty, and if you are eligible for first home buyers assistance.

Information on building a home, owner-builder permits, renovating your home, first home owners grants and buying land.

This is a guide for people who are at risk of becoming, or who are, homeless, as well as for people needing temporary crisis accommodation in an emergency.

Featured campaign

Electrical safety saves lives

Every householder in NSW is legally obliged to keep their home safe, including the way electricity is used. Find out more about electrical safety in your home.

Read more
An apprentice electrician

Top of page