Aged care housing, home living assistance and retirement villages

Find out if you are eligible for an Australian Government home care subsidy to help you continue living in your own home, information about moving to an aged care home or retirement village.

Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety

Find information about the work of the Royal Commission.

Assistance to live in your own home

Depending on your needs, the Australian Government provides financial assistance to older people to help them to continue to live independently in their own home.

The first step to access government-funded aged care services is to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to discuss your needs and to arrange an assessment.

Aged care homes

Aged care homes (also known as a nursing home or residential aged care facility) may be suitable for people who can no longer manage living at home and require help with everyday tasks, personal care or nursing care.

Retirement villages

Advice on moving into a retirement village, rights and responsibilities of retirement village residents and operators, leaving a retirement village and calculating the costs of retirement village living.

Last updated:
Top of page