Emergency management training
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 45657), Resilience NSW offers free accredited and non-accredited training programs on emergency management.
To help create a safer and more resilient NSW, free training is available to employees and volunteers from:
- the emergency services
- functional areas
- state and local government
- non-government organisations.
All training courses are fee-free and facilitated by trainers with first-hand experience in emergency management.
Resilience NSW provides emergency management training programs under the direction of the State Emergency Management Committee (SEMC).
Consider enrolling in one or more of the following free, online courses:
- Foundations in Lessons Management (3 x 20 minute modules)
- Emergency Management Overview (1 x 40 minute module)
- Welfare Services Functional Area Overview (2 x 20 minute modules)
- Local Emergency Management Committee Foundations (4 x 20 minute modules)
- Overview of Emergency Risk Management in NSW (1 x 40 minute module)
Consider enrolling in one or more of the following free, skill-based courses:
- Design and Manage Exercises* (3 day residential program)
- Introduction to Emergency Management (1 day face-to-face)
- Evacuation Management (1 day face-to-face)
- Emergency Operations Centre Concepts (1 day face-to-face)
- Managing Emergencies* (3 day face-to-face)
The online Emergency Management Overview course is a prerequisite for all of the above skill-based courses. Check each course outline for any other prerequisites that apply.
* Nomination is required. Candidates may also self-nominate, though their organsiation must endorse the candidate's suitability for the course.
Resilience NSW delivers two nationally-recognised units of competency within the Design and Manage Exercises course:
- PUAEMR013 Design and management exercises
- PUAEMR011 Manage and evaluate emergency management exercises.
Learners can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for skills and knowledge learned at work, from other courses or from life experience.