Signing in with your contact details when visiting a pub, restaurant, place of worship or other business is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and the community against COVID-19.
Providing this information helps make contact tracing more efficient, if it becomes necessary. This helps stop the spread of infection.
Businesses and organisations that are required to collect customer details must:
Using QR codes to collect customer details
Some businesses are using QR codes to collect customer details.
A QR code is just like a barcode, with information that can be read by a smart phone camera. There are also free QR code reader apps available from the Android or iPhone stores.
QR codes are convenient for businesses and customers. They provide a hygienic, contactless way of signing in to a venue.
COVID Safe Check-in with the Service NSW app
To help you with contactless customer record keeping, we’ve created a unique, free QR code for your business that customers can scan when they visit. Customers will need to have the Service NSW app installed on their mobile to record their visit.
It makes the check in seamless by sending accurate customer information directly to Service NSW. This means the data does not have to be stored by the business and it is readily available for NSW Health to access if it becomes necessary.
COVID Safe Check-in is available to all businesses in NSW and is provided as part of the COVID Safe registration pack.
Businesses who have already registered will be emailed their unique QR code.
Using the COVID Safe Check-in
- When a customer arrives at a venue, they hover their phone camera or QR code reader over the code.
- The smartphone reads the code and one of two things will happen:
- the customer will be asked to download the Service NSW app
- if they already have the app they will be taken to the check in
- A staff member may check the successful sign in on the customer's phone.
Setting up your own QR code check in
- Businesses can find a QR code guest registration service by searching online or asking their IT services provider for advice. Read the terms and conditions carefully, paying particular attention to:
- pricing and payment details
- privacy policies
- length of contract and how to cancel the service
- how the data is stored and how you can access it when required
- Sign up with a service and download the unique QR code.
- Display the code at the entrance to the venue so customers can access it easily. A staff member or COVID-19 Safe Hygiene Marshal should be nearby to assist customers and confirm they have checked in.
- If any customers are unable to use the QR code, businesses should have an alternative check in method available, such as an SMS service or manual check in with a staff member.
Register as a COVID Safe Business and get a free QR code for easy, contactless check-in.
The Service NSW app collects information from your customers and stores it securely in one place.
The app makes record keeping and contact tracing safe and easy.
Display your unique QR code where it’s easy for customers to see.
When they arrive at your venue, customers can check in with the Service NSW app on their mobile phone.
By selecting ‘COVID Safe Check-in’ and following the prompts, you can verify they’ve checked in to your business.
Customer information will be kept for 28 days and only released by Service NSW for official contact tracing It’s easy for you, easy for your customers and it’s COVID Safe.
Install the Service NSW app
Stay up-to-date with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 information. Access digital licences, renew your rego and check fines and demerits.
Last updated: 17 September 2020