Greater freedoms for fully vaccinated people
From the Monday 11 October 2021, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to have:
- 10-visitor limit in your home
- access gyms, indoor recreation and sporting facilities
- group bookings of up to 20 people in hospitality settings.
All premises will operate at 1 person per 4sqm indoors and 1 person per 2sqm outdoors.
People under the age of 16 who are not fully vaccinated are allowed unaccompanied in their workplaces and all outdoor settings, but must be with a fully vaccinated member of their household in hospitality venues (unless collecting takeaways), entertainment facilities,
major recreation facilities and places of worship, unless they work at the venue.
For settings in regional NSW with vaccination requirements for staff and customers, staff can return to work on 11 October if they have had at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, but must be fully vaccinated by 1 November 2021.
For people who are fully vaccinated
Masks and QR codes
- Masks required for all staff and customers in all indoor settings including on public transport, planes and in airports (except children under the age of 12).
- Masks no longer required in outdoor settings (except for front-of-house hospitality staff).
- COVID Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination required for staff and customers.
Visiting family and friends
- Up to 10 visitors allowed in your home at any one time (visitor limits don’t apply for children under the age of 12).
- Small outdoor gatherings and recreation permitted with up to 30 people (2-person limit for people who are not fully vaccinated).
- Visitors to residents in aged care facilities and disability homes permitted in line with their policies.
Exercise and recreation
- Gyms, indoor recreation and sporting facilities reopen with density limits and up to 20 people in classes.
- No distance limits apply for exercise or recreation.
- Indoor swimming pools open for lessons, training and rehab activities.
- Community sports not permitted.
- Schools reopen with Level 3 COVID-19 safety measures (visit Department of Education NSW).
Shopping and personal services
- Non-critical retail reopens with density limits (people who are not fully vaccinated can only access non-critical retail via Click & Collect).
- Personal services (including hairdressers, spas, beauty and nail salons, tattoo and massage parlours) reopen with density limits for up to 5 clients.
Restaurants and hospitality
- Hospitality reopens with density limit for up to 20 people per booking (takeaway only for people who are not fully vaccinated).
- No singing indoors (except for performers).
- Drinking indoors must be seated, but drinking outdoors may be seated or standing.
- Dancing permitted outdoors, dancing indoors not permitted (except at weddings).
Working from home
- Employers allow staff to continue to work from home, if reasonably practicable.
- Employers require staff who are not fully vaccinated to work from home, if reasonably practicable.
Events and entertainment
- Major recreation facilities (including stadiums, theme parks, and race courses) reopen with density limits for up to 5000 people, or by exemption.
- Entertainment facilities (including cinemas and theatres) reopen with the greater of the density limit or 75% fixed seated capacity.
- Information and education facilities (including art galleries, museums and libraries) reopen with density limits.
- Ticketed and seated outdoor public gatherings permitted for up to 500 people with density limit.
- Amusement centres and nightclubs remain closed.
Weddings and religious services
- Weddings ceremonies permitted with density limit for up to 100 people (5-person limit for people who are not fully vaccinated).
- Wedding receptions permitted with density limit for up to 100 people (not permitted for people who are not fully vaccinated), eating and drinking must be seated, and dancing is permitted.
- Funerals permitted with density limit for up to 100 people (10-person limit for people who are not fully vaccinated) and eating and drinking must be seated.
- Places of worship reopen with density limit.
- Up to 10 fully vaccinated singers may perform in places of worship and at religious services.
Travel and transport
- Restricted travel within LGAs and 5km radius removed.
- Travel for holidays and recreational visits including day trips between Greater Sydney (including Central Coast, Wollongong, Shellharbour and Blue Mountains) and regional NSW not permitted.
- Travel holidays between regional local government areas are permitted.
- Carpooling permitted (members of your household only for people who are not fully vaccinated).
About the roadmap
The roadmap is subject to further fine-tuning and health advice if circumstances change drastically or cases remain too high.
- COVID-Safe check-ins and proof of vaccination required for staff and customers in most settings.
- Density limits of 1 person per 4sqm for indoor areas and person per 2sqm for outdoor areas apply to some activities listed above.
- COVID-19 Safety Plans apply.