25 June 2021
NSW Government is closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation in Sydney. Customers will be able to apply for vouchers when the health advice changes.
In the meantime, businesses are still encouraged to register now to ensure they’re ready to welcome guests when the Scheme launches.
What is Stay & Rediscover
The Stay & Rediscover Voucher Scheme supports accommodation providers in the City of Sydney local government area.
It encourages NSW residents to book a stay and stimulates spending in the area.
How Stay & Rediscover works
To be eligible to apply for a $100 voucher, you must be:
- aged 18 years or over
- a NSW resident.
You will be able to use the $100 voucher:
- for accommodation only (any other services or additional costs must be paid directly to the provider)
- with participating accommodation providers in the City of Sydney local government area
- once (if the bill is less than $100, the remaining balance is given up and cannot be used)
- 7 days a week, including public holidays
- on or before the expiry date.
How to apply for a voucher
Vouchers available soon
Following a successful pilot with selected participants in Sydney CBD, vouchers will be made available for stays in the City of Sydney.
Accommodation providers in the City of Sydney local government area can register for the Scheme now.
NSW residents will be able to apply for a $100 accommodation voucher soon.
Find a participating accommodation provider
Stay & Rediscover vouchers must be used at eligible accommodation providers in the City of Sydney within a 2-month period.
You will be able to search for participating accommodation providers using the Hotel Finder when the Scheme is launched.
Bookings must be made with the participating accommodation provider directly.
How businesses can get involved
Check your eligibility and get ready to accept vouchers.
To be eligible for Stay & Rediscover, your business must:
- operate in one of the eligible industries
- be located within the City of Sydney local government area
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) that is registered for GST – ensure your details are correct on the Australian Business Register before registering
- be registered as COVID Safe and have a COVID-19 Safety Plan in place – ensure the information you provide on your registration matches the details on your safety plan.
Once approved as a Stay & Rediscover business, you’ll be able to accept and redeem vouchers using the Service NSW for Business app.
Photo credit: Destination NSW