Parents NSW Vouchers
If you're a parent, carer or guardian of school-enrolled children who supported home learning in 2021, your household may be eligible for $250 in vouchers.
Apply for your Parents NSW Vouchers
The NSW Government has launched Parents NSW Vouchers to reward eligible households for supporting learning from home in 2021.
One person from each eligible household of school-enrolled children aged 4.5 to 18 years in 2021 can apply for 5 X $50 vouchers, worth $250 in total.
Note: One person from each eligible household can apply once, regardless of how many school-enrolled children live in that household.
Where to use Parents NSW Vouchers
The Parents NSW Vouchers can be used:
- 7 days a week, including public holidays
- at Discover NSW businesses for for entertainment and recreation, including cultural institutions, live music, and arts venues
- at Stay NSW businesses for accommodation, including hotels, motels, resorts, caravan parks and camping grounds
- until 9 October 2022.
You can use multiple Parents NSW vouchers for the same purchase up to $250 in total.
You can combine your vouchers with another person's Parents NSW vouchers up to a total of $250 towards the same bill (if allowed by the business).
The Parents NSW Vouchers are in addition to:
- 3 x $25 Dine NSW Vouchers, which expire on 30 June 2022
- 3 x $25 Discover NSW Vouchers, which expire on 30 June 2022, and
- 1 x $50 Stay NSW Voucher.
Accommodation and recreation businesses can enjoy a boost to their income from Parents NSW vouchers by registering to take part. If your business is registered to accept Stay NSW or Discover NSW vouchers, you can also accept Parents NSW Vouchers. Read Parents NSW Vouchers - information for businesses.
How to use Parent NSW vouchers
To use your vouchers, make sure they appear in your Service NSW mobile app under 'vouchers'.
- Log in to the Service NSW App on your mobile device.
- Select ‘vouchers’.
- Select the valid voucher you wish to use.
- Present the voucher QR code for the business to scan at payment.
- Your device will show the voucher as being used.
If you do not have a mobile device, you can provide the business with a printed voucher or voucher code instead.
Both printed and digital options can be scanned by participating businesses.
Vouchers cannot be:
- redeemed for cash
- used for alcohol, tobacco or gambling.
For seamless use, vouchers should be used in the Service NSW mobile app, so you will need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and to have the app downloaded to your smartphone.
Many NSW residents are already set up in the Service NSW mobile app and using it for QR code check ins, drivers licence and vaccination proof.
If you aren't yet set up with vouchers or the app, you may also need: 2 proof of identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card or Australian passport. The names must match on your documents
If you do not have a smartphone or need additional support, call 13 77 88.