What we do
Our department works with people across government, business and communities. We represent and champion regional causes including:
- building resilient regional economies and communities
- finding solutions for cross-border communities and building opportunities for regional youth
- strengthening primary industries, and managing regional land
- overseeing the state’s mineral and mining resources
- developing valuable public works infrastructure, and ensuring government investment is fair and positive.
Engage with us
Most of our staff live and work in regional NSW, with direct connections to communities we serve. Find out more about our structure, people, leaders and commitment to regional NSW.
Our department has a diverse culture that empowers people to reach their full potential. Find out more about career opportunities that also help drive growth in regional NSW.
Find out how to access our government information, or in relation to contracts and disclosure.
Stay up to date with the latest news, announcements and events from the Department of Regional NSW.
Our agencies and offices work together to achieve the best outcomes for the people of regional NSW. These cover primary industries, minerals and resources, land services, regional development and more.
Access our Regional NSW pages on grants and funding, business and investment, community programs for regional youth and more.
Our planning and strategic documents drive the delivery of regional NSW priorities. This includes the 20-Year Economic Vision for Regional NSW.