About the Guide
The Guide to the NSW Public Sector (the Guide) is an information resource that describes:
- the broad structure and functions of NSW Government
- NSW public sector entity types
- the roles of these public sector entities in delivering priorities of the NSW Government
- the key governance requirements that apply to public sector entities
- the process for the creation of new public sector entities.
The Guide provides insights that will help in developing the structure and frameworks for new government agencies. It is also relevant for NSW Government Sector employees more broadly and for those who interact with the NSW Government in some way.
The Guide does not constitute legal advice. Entities should obtain their own legal and governance advice on issues arising from the Guide.