The Minister for Regional Youth, Hon. Bronnie Taylor MLC. has announced the 2021 Taskforce members.
The 2021 Regional Youth Taskforce members are:
- Phoebe Sheridan and Jayden Redfern for the Central Coast Region
- Taje Fowler and Lachlan Hicks for the Central West and Orana Region
- Isaac Ford and Katelyn Whyman for the Far West Region
- Clodagh Falvey and Isabella Metcalfe for the Hunter Region
- Samantha Dunn and Adrian Le for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Region
- Elka Denvey and Imogen McDonald for the New England and North West Region
- Paris Brailsford and Francois van Kempen for the North Coast Region
- Bihozagara Ndabagaza and Ben Caughey for the Riverina Murray Region
- Samuel Pevere and Lola Stravoskoufis for the South East Region
Role of the Taskforce
Members of the Regional Youth Taskforce advise the Minister on issues that affect young people living in regional NSW.
The Taskforce allows members to have their say on ways Government can improve outcomes for young people in regional NSW and better deliver services.
Over the course of the year the Regional Youth Taskforce will focus on the pillars of the Regional Youth Framework. These are: Wellbeing, Connectivity, Work Ready and Community. Throughout the year members will be consulted and invited to contribute to various government policies.
About the Taskforce
The second Regional Youth Taskforce will be appointed from March 2021. During 2021 the Taskforce will have four meetings with Minister Taylor in various locations around NSW, either online or in person.
Members will have their transport, food and accommodation costs covered. Meetings will be scheduled to take place on weekends or in school holidays.
2019-2020 Regional Youth Taskforce Yearbook
To see the work and achievements of the inaugural 2019-2020 Regional Youth Taskforce please check out the Yearbook report and video.
The 2019-20 Regional Youth Taskforce members are:
- Jasmin Hughes and Josef Graf Cooper for the Central Coast Region
- Ashish Thapa and Maddy Jerrett for Central West and Orana Region
- Ben Johnstone and Nyokia Townsend for the Far West Region
- Katherine Sutcliffe and Jack Antcliff for the Hunter Region
- Amanda Reid and Lachlan Page for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Region
- Laura Murray and Ryan Dwight for the New England and North West Region
- Jan Jaafr and Caitlin Axelby for the North Coast Region
- Luca James and Marina Gabra for the Riverina Murray Region
- Khawlah Albaf and Allie Roberson for the South East Region
About the Office for Regional Youth
The Office for Regional Youth sits within the Department of Regional NSW and provides a coordinated and strategic approach to respond to regional youth issues.
To ensure a meaningful approach and direction, the Office for Regional Youth listens to advice and insights of regional young people, parents, employers and youth workers.
The Regional Youth Taskforce provides an essential connection to young people in regional NSW.