Priorities for investment
The fund is focused on delivering infrastructure and priority initiatives in line with the government’s strategic objectives and priorities.
The fund will deliver new and existing projects as outlined below. The NSW Government will consult with the community and stakeholders as these projects develop.
- Special Activation Precincts: to create jobs, attract businesses and investors, support local industries and fuel economic development across regional NSW. Precincts are located in Parkes, Wagga Wagga, Moree and the Snowy Mountains.
- Regional Digital Connectivity program: delivering improved mobile coverage and internet connectivity in underserved and remote communities to increase digital access, and improve liveability, productivity and innovation in regional NSW.
- Regional Job Precincts: providing planning support to local councils to drive growth, investment opportunities, and job creation in Albury, South Jerrabomberra, Richmond Valley and the Namoi.
- Regional Roads Fund: to build new roads, upgrade timber bridges, duplicate roadways, improve resilience and upgrade key routes to improve driver safety.
- New schools and facility upgrades: to build new high schools in Medowie and Googong and deliver upgrades for Jerrabomberra and Vincentia High Schools.
- Helicopter ambulance bases: to build new regional helicopter bases to improve emergency response times in rural areas.
- Great Koala National Park: establish a Great Koala National Park to protect this vulnerable marsupial following the devastating loss of life and habitat in the 2019/20 Black Summer Bushfires.
- Residential aged care: to expand residential aged care facility at Bombala Multipurpose Service and reopen the Currawarna Assisted Living Group facility.