Get Ready Community Award
Volunteer groups, community organisations or local councils are invited to nominate their community-led project by Tuesday 15 June 2021.
The NSW Government Get Ready Community Award recognises and celebrates the work communities do to prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
Following a year of unprecedented disasters in NSW including the black summer fires, flooding and then COVID-19, our communities have shown incredible resilience. Community-led projects that help people prepare for and recover from disasters have never been more important.
- Entries open: Monday 15 March 2021
- Entries close: Tuesday 15 June 2021
- Finalists notified: Friday 23 July 2021
- Awards ceremony: 18 August 2021
- Unsuccessful applications notified: After the awards ceremony
Any project or initiative that started after 1 January 2019 is eligible. Projects that are underway or finished can enter. Project entries can be submitted by a local organisation on behalf of a community.
Your initiative or project must:
- begin on or after 1 January 2019
- be started, led and managed by a local community: a community being people from a particular locality, town or region, or a group of people with a common purpose
- show how members worked collaboratively to address a need or issue
- feature strong partnerships between people and groups across the community
- have strengthened the resilience of the local community through participation in planning, preparation, response and/or recovery.
For more information or help with your nomination, email GetReadyNSW@resilience.nsw.gov.au