A guide for people in NSW thinking about changing careers. Find information about different career paths, training and upskilling options, and how to find work.
People decide to change careers for any number of reasons, including:
- a better work-life balance
- the pursuit of new or different challenges
- increased pay opportunities
- being unsettled or unhappy in their current role.
If you decide to move your career down a different path, there is a range of steps, activities and options to consider, like:
- understanding your current job strengths and how they might be used elsewhere
- retraining and upskilling
- getting familiar with different job markets
- enhancing your soft skills
- how to make your resume, cover letter and interview stand out
- what rights, conditions and obligations to be aware of when accepting an offer.
Did you know?
Most employees in Australia need to get a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement when starting a new job.
It is a legal requirement for all employers to provide this before, or as soon as possible after, new employees start work.