The NSW Government has opened the Waste and Sustainable Materials Strategy 2041 (WASM) Litter Prevention Grants Program for councils, community groups and other key stakeholders.
- Status: Open
- Grant amount: From $5,000 to $500,000
- Application opened: 16 November 2023
- Application closes: 9 March 2024, 12:00 am
The objectives for each initiative funded through this Litter Prevention Grants Program are::
• contribute to the new NSW litter reduction targets: 60% reduction in litter items by 2030 – NSW Waste and Sustainable Materials Strategy2041WASM Litter Prevention Grants and 30% reduction in plastic litter items by 2025 – NSW Plastics Action Plan
• build organizational ownership and leadership to plan and carry out local, regional, or statewide litter prevention initiatives
• base litter prevention on good evidence and sound approaches – NSW Litter Prevention Strategy 2022–30
• include activities that increase the capacity to carry out litter prevention in strategic and sustainable ways, in particular beyond the grant funding period
• work productively with the authority (or authorities) that manage the public land (e.g. local council) where on-ground litter prevention projects and strategic initiatives will be delivered or where infrastructure will be located
• work productively and collaboratively in partnership with others to implement litter prevention initiatives
• consolidate achievements across the State, build on existing stakeholder organization capacities, and expand networks to encourage cross-sector collaboration to achieve new litter prevention targets.
This program is administered by Environment Protection Authority.
Who can apply
Local Government, Not-for-profit, Business, Regional Waste Group
Types of projects funded under this grant
What your application needs to include
Prepare your application with this checklist
Address the eligibility criteria
Each applicant, as part of an application response, must confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria.
Applicants that do not address the eligibility criteria in full may be excluded from the application process at the department's discretion.
Start the application
- If you are a new applicant, you will need to register before you log in.
- You will need to provide your name, email address and create a password.
- You can also use an existing Facebook, Twitter or Google account to register.
After the application is submitted
Successful applications will be decided by: NSW EPA
Support and contact