We work with GPs and other health care providers where possible to integrate care and improve the experience and health outcomes for people in the communities we serve.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or feedback.
Many of our services are available through virtual care as well as in person.
For details about who you can refer to a particular clinic or service, and how to refer them, see the page for the relevant facility or outpatient clinic.
See Nepean Blue Mountains services and Hospitals and facilities or search our service directory.
See Public health services in Nepean Blue Mountains for information about our role in environmental health, immunisation and vaccination, and communicable and infectious diseases.
Contact the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD Public Health Unit or call 1300 066 055 to contact any public health unit in NSW.
See the NSW Health website for details and reports on infectious diseases, as well as fact sheets and information about ways to prevent and control their spread.
Doctors are required to report certain communicable diseases to the Public Health Unit. See NSW Health infectious diseases for lists of notifiable diseases and notification forms.
Nepean Blue Mountains LHD provides some specialised services to meet the physical and mental health needs of children and young people in the community.
Information about these can be found on the relevant service or clinic page (choose the category "children's health" in the service directory).
Generally, our paediatric specialists and services see children aged from 0 to 16 years, after which time they transition to adult services.
In particular, we provide:
- a range of allied health and other children's health services through our Community Health Centres
- Women and children's outpatient clinic Nepean Hospital
- Paediatric (child and adolescent) outpatient clinic at Blue Mountains Hospital
- a range of specific paediatric outpatient clinics including Paediatric allergy and immunology, Paediatric cardiology and the Lifespan community ADHD clinic
- free dental services for children.
We also provide a range of child, youth and family mental health services.
Nepean Blue Mountains LHD provides some specialised services to meet the physical and mental health needs of older people in the community.
Information about these can be found on the relevant service or clinic page (use the category "aged care" or "seniors health" in the service directory).
In particular, we have:
- specialist community mental health teams based in Penrith and Katoomba - find out more about the Blue Mountains Older Persons Community Team and Plains Older Persons Community Team
- Virtual Aged Care Service
- Geriatric (seniors) outpatient clinic at Blue Mountains Hospital.
End of life
See Supportive and palliative care in Nepean Blue Mountains for information about the services available to help people with a life-limiting or terminal illness to live as fully and as comfortably as possible.
See NSW Health palliative care for guides in a range of community languages, to help people understand and make decisions around palliative care and end of life.