Skip to main content
Top of page
Key job options
- Citrus harvest
- Berry picking
- Summer stone fruit harvest
- Wait staff
- Bar staff
What are the things you can do along the way?
- How’s the serenity - you simply can’t beat fishing in the mighty Murray. Some of the tributaries of the Murray River are a fly fishers dream, while more open waters offer up the possibility of snagging a Golden Perch or a Murray cod. Be sure to have a fishing licence before you wet a line, and always follow the fishing rules and regulations for NSW.
- Seeking adventure and spectacular views? Head to The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place and to rock climb and abseil with friends.
- Disconnect and recharge in the wilderness. Cruise into the outback on the Murray River, past an ever-changing riverscape of redgum forests and character rich towns on a fully self-contained houseboat with friends.
- Pop into a local family-owned winery for a cellar door experience on the banks of the Murray River. Give your knowledge of wine a boost by picking the brains of the vintner over a glass of rose or red.
- Head inland to Griffith for a weekend of celebrating Griffith's rich Italian heritage at Festa delle Salsicce. Join the locals to eat, drink, chat and enjoy traditional folk music over a long lunch to celebrate the end of the salami making season.
- Need to escape? Road trip the best of the bush on the Darling River Run. Follow the beautiful Darling to the Mighty Murray, bathe in thermal springs and immerse yourself in rich ancient Aboriginal heritage along the way.
- Double dare you to book an evening ghost tour of the most haunted house in Australia – the Monte Cristo Homestead. If you time your visit in September, grab yourself a ticket to the Monte Cristo Haunted Ball, the longest running private period costume ball of its type in the southern hemisphere! If scary isn’t your thing – don't worry, Junee also boasts a phenomenal licorice and chocolate factory in an old flour mill.
- For those seeking an exhilarating adventure, look no further than the wild alpine wilderness around Tumbarumba. Head over the mountains to explore bushwalking tracks, horse ride in the high country, mountain bike in the Kozciuszko National Park, and head to the snowfields for winter to hit the slopes and sip schnapps by the fire.