The Australian and NSW governments have committed more than $3.5 billion to support recovery, repair and rebuilding efforts of flood impacted regions.
As part of this, the Department of Regional NSW is rolling out targeted initiatives and investments to support medium to long-term recovery, generate jobs, and build more resilient communities and industries in the regions most impacted by the 2022 floods.
The Department of Regional NSW will lead the delivery of a number of key programs in partnership with Resilience NSW, including:
- Primary Industry Support Package – $150 million – supporting the recovery, rebuilding and resilience efforts for flood-impacted primary producers and industries:
- Critical Producer Grant – $100 million – to help primary producers in flood-impacted regions to recover and remain viable.
- Hardwood Timber Haulage Subsidy Program - $10 million - targeted assistance to help cover the costs associated with transporting hardwood timber from forests and plantations located outside of existing supply areas and into processing facilities across the NSW Mid and North Coast.
- Early Needs Recovery Program - $13 million – to give primary producers in the most flood-impacted regions of NSW access to a range of technical support and recovery advice.
- Anchor Business Support Program - $59.3 million – to help large businesses in the Northern Rivers return to operations and continue to support employment in the region.
Other storm and flood support measures have been put in place by the NSW and Australian Governments.
For a full list of all available support, visit nsw.gov.au/floods or call Service NSW on 13 77 88.