Find out how much you need to retire
Knowing your net worth and how much superannuation you need to retire will help you properly plan your finances for retirement.
How much money you need to retire will depend on:
- your current age
- whether you own your own home
- what your living expenses are
- how much you have in superannuation
- the type of lifestyle you want in retirement.
When planning to retire, it helps to know what your current money situation is. To do this, you will need to know your net worth.
Your net worth is everything you own minus any debts you have. You can check your net worth at Moneysmart.
You can use the Moneysmart retirement planner to help you estimate:
- how much superannuation you'll have when you retire
- what you can spend each year once you retire
- how your retirement income will be affected by fees, investments and contributions
- how to grow your superannuation.
Work out how much superannuation you'll need with the Moneysmart retirement planner.