Contact Training Services NSW
Contact Training Services NSW for advice and support on apprenticeships and traineeships, skills development, industry engagement and brokering arrangements.
Complaints and compliments
Training Services NSW works to improve training outcomes for the people of NSW. As part of NSW Department of Education, we aim to work in partnership with industry, providers and the community to create positive learning environments on vocational education and training.
There will be times when you want to ask a question, raise an issue or make a complaint about our programs. We encourage you to raise any concerns with us early, so that prompt action can be taken. If you aren't satisfied with our response, you can make a complaint.
All training providers approved to deliver training under Smart and Skilled are required to have processes to protect consumers and handle complaints. If you have a complaint about a NSW VET provider, first contact the provider directly.
If you cannot resolve the issue directly with the provider, please refer to the below section.
For more information, go to Consumer Protection for Students.
Complaint and compliment form
Use this online form to make your complaint or compliment. We appreciate your feedback which will help us improve our services.
We value your feedback and are constantly improving the way we work. Find information about our commitment to effective complaints handling and our complaint handling processes.
The complaints process can be time-consuming and emotionally demanding for everyone. We commit to treating you fairly and respectfully during this process.
It helps us to understand your concerns and take action if you provide the information we need clearly and promptly. Here are some helpful tips on what to consider and the steps you can take when making a complaint.
When contacting the Department of Education it is useful to be brief and focus on the facts relevant to your issue. Although you may feel strongly about the issue, it helps to communicate reasonably, rather than emotionally.
When you speak to the person handling your issue with respect, they are more likely to respond respectfully. Avoid sarcasm as it can make your complaint appear less clear. Using rude or abusive language may lead to the complaint manager terminating the conversation. Even though you may be angry, speaking with a harsh tone can distract from the message you are trying to convey.
The person handling your issue will often make further inquiries to the appropriate people. It's always best to tell the truth and stick to the facts. If you can support your information with records, it helps improve your credibility.
Think about what you would like to have happen and whether the school can reasonably do what you are asking. As schools can be busy places, it might take some time for things to happen - be realistic about your expectations and the timeframe for schools to respond.
It can be useful to read the Guide for parents, carers and students and other information on the NSW Department of Education's website. If there is something you don't understand, ask questions.
Help the person handling the issue by providing all the information necessary early on. If you have new information, keep them updated. If you do not wish to continue the matter, let them know.
We encourage you to approach teachers early, but keep in mind that teachers are often dealing with many issues at once. At first, they may only have time to talk briefly. In this case, you can arrange a time to speak with the teacher later.
Contact our program areas
- For Smart and Skilled student and employer enquiries call 1300 772 104, or if you are calling from overseas +61 2 8267 7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Smart and Skilled training provider enquiries call 1300 772 104 or email TSNSWCust.Service@det.nsw.edu.au
- For Trades Skills Recognition Certificate of Proficiency, please email email@example.com.
- For Commissioner complaints email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn about our complaints handling process
- For adult and community education enquiries contact TS.ACEdesk@det.nsw.edu.au
- For Aboriginal programs contact the Aboriginal Training Coordinator
- Customer Service and Operations/Approved Provider customer services call 1300 772 104 or email TSNSWCust.Service@det.nsw.edu.au
- NSW Skills Board
- NSW Training Awards M: 0438 926 538 E: email@example.com
- Group Training Organisation (GTO) Recruitment Program contact Group.Training@det.nsw.edu.au
- School-based apprenticeships and traineeships
- NSW Education Standards Authority monitors quality teaching, learning, assessment and school standards.
- ITABs provide independent industry advice on the training and skill needs of industry.
Submit an online enquiry or feedback
A Training Services NSW team member will respond during business hours to your online enquiry or feedback.
* indicates required field