About the The Cabinet Office
The Cabinet Office and Premier’s Department commenced operations on 1 July 2023 as separate but complementary agencies at the centre of government, replacing the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
About The Cabinet Office
The Cabinet Office’s role is to provide:
- Leadership and coordination on strategy and policy across government, including driving action on the government’s key priorities
- Independent policy, legal and governance advice to the Premier and Cabinet, including on National Cabinet matters
- Stewardship of the NSW Cabinet system to support good Government decision-making.
Our people and structure
The Cabinet Office is made up of 3 groups:
- Office of General Counsel
- Social Policy and National Reform
- Economic and Environmental Policy.
- Consider people equally without prejudice or favour.
- Act professionally with honesty, consistency and impartiality.
- Take responsibility for situations, showing leadership and courage.
- Place the public interest over personal interest.
- Appreciate difference and welcome learning from others.
- Build relationships based on mutual respect.
- Uphold the law, institutions of government and democratic principles.
- Communicate intentions clearly and invite teamwork and collaboration.
- Provide apolitical and non-partisan advice.
- Provide services fairly with a focus on customer needs.
- Be flexible, innovative and reliable in delivering services.
- Engage with the not-for-profit and business sectors to develop and implement service solutions.
- Focus on quality while maximising service delivery.
- Recruit and promote employees on merit.
- Take responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Provide transparency to enable public scrutiny.
- Observe standards for safety.
- Be fiscally responsible and focus on efficient, effective and prudent use of resources.