Harwood Bridge openings
Harwood Bridge opening times, booking details and clearance levels for vessels travelling on the Clarence River in NSW.
Book a bridge opening
You can book an opening of Harwood Bridge at most times of the year. Bookings are required 24 hours in advance.
The openings are managed on a case by case basis. Special consideration is given to commercial operators.
To book an opening for your vessel call the Harwood Bridge caretaker on 0412 604 748.
There are no openings at these peak traffic times:
- Monday to Friday 7am – 10am
- Monday to Friday 2pm – 5pm.
You need to provide your mobile phone number when you book.
Vessel operators are to:
- Observe navigation rules when approaching the bridge
- Wait for a green light before proceeding. Transport for NSW will be notified of any serious breaches.
Early and late arrivals
There is no permanent bridge operator on site at Harwood Bridge.
- If you arrive early for a bridge lift you must wait until the confirmed opening time
- There are no courtesy moorings at the Harwood Bridge
- If you expect to be late for your booking, please notify the bridge operator within 30 minutes of the booked time. Otherwise you will need to re-book the opening by notifying the bridge caretaker 24 hours in advance, as indicated above.