Emergency services

In case of fire, medical or police emergency, dial Triple Zero (000). Learn about our emergency services and how you can volunteer to help support your community.

Who to contact in an emergency

Call Triple Zero (000) or TTY (106) if:

  • someone is seriously injured
  • someone is in need of urgent medical help
  • there are threats to property or life
  • if you have witnessed a serious crime or accident.

Call the NSW State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500if:

  • you have experienced damage from storms, wind or fallen trees
  • you require assistance due to a flood or tsunami emergency.
On this page

Service NSW customer care service

We can help people and businesses impacted by natural disasters with advice and referrals about what support is available to them. 


Triple Zero (000) - for emergencies, or a crime in progress.

Police Assistance Line 131 444 - non urgent crime reporting and general enquiries.

Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 - to provide crime information confidentially.

Rural Fire Service

The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) is the world's largest volunteer fire service. Its members provide fire and emergency services to approximately 95 percent of NSW.

Bushfire Information Line 1800 679 737 

Volunteer for emergency services

Contribute to your community by volunteering with your local Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Service (SES) or Surf Life Saving club.

Related apps

Emergency + app icon

Emergency +

Save the app that could save your life.

‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.

Thumbnail image for Hazards Near Me app

Hazards Near Me NSW

This app provides local emergency warnings for fires and floods.

Top of page