Climate, weather and safety
Check current weather warnings, find information about climate change and advice on how to stay safe during times of fire, flood or storms.
Natural disaster declarations
NSW Government natural disaster declarations are made on a whole of Local Government Area basis and issued with an Australian Government Reference Number.
Find official declarations of NSW natural disasters from 2018 onwards.
Weather forecasts and warnings
Access weather and climate information including weather forecasts and severe weather warnings.
What you can do to prepare for an emergency event or stay safe during times of fire, flood or storms.
Information to help you understand climate change issues in NSW.
- About climate change in NSWeast
- NSW Government action on climate changeeast
- Climate change and human healtheast
- Projections of climate change impactseast
- Climate projections for your regioneast
- Greenhouse gas emissions for NSWeast
- State of the Climate 2018 reporteast
- Climate change – trends and extremeseast
Hazards Near Me NSW
This app provides local emergency warnings for fires and floods.
Save the app that could save your life.
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.
BOM Weather is the Bureau of Meteorology's weather app, giving you accurate weather information at your fingertips.
The BOM weather app includes current conditions, forecasts, warnings and radar.