How people can donate or support the flood recovery
Find information on how to donate or offer financial support to the flood-affected communities of NSW so your contribution makes an impact.
NSW communities affected by recent storms and floods urgently need help.
If you wish to contribute, it is vital that you don't hinder recovery efforts by dropping unrequested donations into the affected areas.
People wishing to donate goods or offer financial support can donate or pledge goods through national non-for-profit organisation GIVIT
Financial donations can also be made to:
- Red Cross Floods Appeal
- Good360 Flood Appeal
- St Vincent de Paul Flood Appeal
- Salvation Army Flood Appeal
- Anglicare North Coast Appeal
- Lifeline Northern Rivers Flood Appeal
- Lismore Flood Appeal
- Together Tweed Mayoral Flood Appeal 2022
- Food Bank NSW Flood Appeal
- Foundation for Rural Regional Renewal - Flood Recovery Appeal
- Australian Lions Foundation Emergency Disaster Appeal
- Bundjalung community flood relief by Koori Mail
Register to volunteer your time
Volunteering your time through a coordinated organisation will help people trying to recover, clean-up and rebuild after a disaster.
Emergency Support Volunteering has launched a campaign to coordinate volunteers during the flood emergency.
You can help by donating or volunteering time to:
- help with building or maintenance
- refer people to services and give them information
- visit people or offer social support.
If you're interested in supporting others through volunteering, you need to submit your details on the Emergency Support Volunteering registration page.
Your details will be passed on to organisations needing assistance in your area.
GIVIT is an online non-profit organisation that manages donations to make sure people and communities get exactly what they need, when they need it.
The GIVIT website lists items currently needed by people. You can select an item and choose to either donate or fund it.
You can also list an item for donation or give money that will be used to buy exactly what's needed.
Please check GIVIT's storm and flood appeal to see exactly what is needed.
If you are looking to fundraise, donate or offer financial support to flood-affected communities, visit Fair Trading's Fundraising for a disaster page and make sure you fundraise effectively.