Premier of NSW
Call triple zero (000) if you are experiencing an emergency.
If you need urgent mental health assistance contact:
COVID-19 information, news and updates
If you are in urgent need of mental health support, call one of the following crisis care services:
You may be eligible for a Test and isolate support payment.
To find your nearest clinic, visit the NSW Government website or contact your GP.
NSW Health is working closely with the Australian Government to plan and implement a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination program in NSW. We encourage members of the community who are yet to receive a vaccine to do so by whatever means possible.
NSW Health vaccination clinics and participating general practices and pharmacies across the state are open for COVID-19 vaccination bookings. If you are aged 12 years or older you can book an appointment now.
Vaccination appointments can be made by visiting the COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Finder. You can also access and directly book an appointment with a general practitioner listed on HotDoc. In addition, COVID Queue may also be useful for people trying to book earlier appointments.
For further information, please visit the NSW Health and National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance websites.
If you cannot wear a face mask because of a disability, physical or mental health illness or condition, you must carry either:
- a medical certificate or letter signed by a registered health practitioner (such as a doctor) or a registered NDIS provider, OR
- a statutory declaration.
Information and resources for businesses about protecting staff and customers from COVID-19, financial relief and personalised support is available through the NSW Government website.
If you would like to offer a product for supply to NSW Health or other NSW Government agencies, please visit buy.nsw.gov.au
If you require PPE supplies, you can find details of suppliers through the buy.nsw PPE portal.
The NSW Government will procure Rapid Antigen Test kits and make them available for free to people across the State.
The TGA website provides information on all available point of care antigen test kits, as well as frequently asked questions about the supply of rapid antigen tests.
If you have any questions on test kits, please email NSW Health Pathology.
For advice and support on non-health-related COVID-19 enquiries from NSW community and businesses
- Call Service NSW on 13 77 88 between 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday or find out about COVID-19 on the NSW Government website.
If you have symptoms and wish to speak to a registered nurse
For general advice on COVID-19
You can send a message to the Premier using the form below. Your correspondence will be addressed as soon as possible. Please refer to our correspondence policy for more information.
The Premier receives a high volume of enquiries. Before completing the form, please refer to the below links which may address your enquiry more efficiently.
- Aged Care Facilities – refer to the Australian Government – Minister Greg Hunt MP
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority – refer to Ahpra.
- Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) - refer to Minister Brad Hazzard.
- Domestic violence – refer to Minister Natalie Ward
- GPs and/or medical centres – refer to Australian Government – Minister Greg Hunt MP
- Medicare – refer to Australian Government – Minister Greg Hunt MP
- Medication on the PBS – refer to Australian Government – Minister Greg Hunt MP
- Mental Health – refer to Minister Bronnie Taylor MLC
- Private Health Funds – refer to Australian Government – Minister Greg Hunt MP
- Social Housing – refer to Minister Natasha Maclaren-Jones
- Food Safety matters – refer to Minister Dugald Saunders