Property owners are responsible for ensuring electrical wiring work is done by a licensed electrician.
Advice on how to avoid common electrical hazards around the home.
What you need to know if you're buying, installing or using electrical appliances or power tools in your home.
Safety switches cut the electricity supply to protect you from serious electric shock, injury or death and help prevent electrical fires in your home.
Top tips for electrical safety at home
- Install safety switches
- Do not do it yourself – get a professional to do the job
- Cover unused power points
- Do not mix electricity and water
- Do not overload power points and power boards
- Never use faulty electrical leads or appliances
- If an appliance such as a toaster or hair dryer is broken, replace it or have it repaired
- Always check the electrician has a current licence before agreeing to any work
Save the app that could save your life.
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.