Services temporarily unavailable
Due to scheduled maintenance our online certificate ordering, birth registration system and online family history services are temporarily unavailable until Tuesday 29 September.
If you require assistance during this time please contact 13 77 88. We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
How to order
You can order a commemorative marriage certificate by completing our online marriage certificate application form.
Follow our step-by-step guide to apply for a marriage certificate.
Our commemorative certificates are:
- suitable for framing at 279mm x 355mm in size, a bit bigger than A4 paper (which is 210mm × 297mm)
- printed on archival paper and wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and
- sent to you in a protective cardboard cylinder.
Commemorative marriage certificates are not intended for use as proof of identity. For official proof of identity, you'll need a standard marriage certificate.
You can buy a standard certificate or choose from our commemorative certificate designs.
- $60 for a standard marriage certificate
- $41 for a commemorative marriage certificate
- $87 for a pack with a standard and a commemorative marriage certificate.
Cost includes certificate(s) and standard postage.
Processing begins when we have received your complete and correct application.
- Certificates are delivered by registered post.
- The number of working days to process certificates depends on how you apply.
- The processing time does not include delivery which can be up to 6 working days.
- Priority processing is not available for commemorative marriage certificate designs.
|Certificate applications||Standard service|
|Online application||up to 4 weeks|
|Submitted by post||up to 5 weeks|
|Registry agents (Service NSW)||up to 5 weeks|