Products and services

To meet the needs of our customers, we provide a range of certificates, products, ceremonies and information services that help establish a range of legal entitlements.

On this page

Flood disaster relief - Birth, Marriage, Change of Name certificates

Flood disaster relief - Birth, Marriage, Change of Name certificates

Customers impacted by a declared natural disaster can have their birth, marriage or change of name certificate replaced for free for a period of up to 6 months after the event. Apply at your nearest Service NSW Centre or call 13 77 88 for more information. 

Service NSW can also help you to replace certificates registered in other Australian states and territories or in New Zealand.

Apply online now

Choose from our online services - it's the fastest way to apply.

You can have your certificate sent by registered mail to your home with an optional priority service available. Alternatively contact the registry.

Important: Do not laminate your certificates. Identity documents must be kept in their original state to be accepted by Government agencies.

Start searching your ancestry with free access to our records. Check early church baptisms, burials and weddings from 1788 and official government records from 1856.


A funeral director will normally register a death and apply for a death certificate on your behalf.

Name changes and corrections

Request changes or corrections to the information on a registration or certificate issued by the Registry.


Depending on your request, you may need to complete one or more of these forms as part of your application. 

Post your completed form (see form for address) and proof of identity to Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages or visit your nearest Service NSW centre.

Online applications help

If you experience technical issues with our online forms platform or would like to request a form in an alternative format, contact us or visit your nearest Service NSW Centre

Top of page