A risk-based approach that focuses on the riskiest players
We will move away from a ‘one size fits all’ model to a risk-based approach where regulatory attention is focused on the riskiest players.
We will do this by:
- creating a digital platform for the building regulator that merges data from different inspections and other regulators to provide greater intelligence, data sharing and targeted compliance action including occupation certificate audits
- developing internal risk rating capabilities to identify the relative risk of project teams with a focus on developers, builders and certifiers.
To achieve this we will:
- collaborate with insurers, financiers, risk rating agencies and building industry practitioners to develop publicly accessible rating tools provided by regulated rating businesses
- apply rating information to complement existing data held by regulators
- provide building inspectors with easily accessible information about the building site and history of inspections to support their assessments.