New COVID-19 cases and tests in the past 7 days
Positive results from PCR tests
Positive results from rapid antigen tests (RATs)**
Deaths reported ***
Data for the past 7 days until 4pm, 21 September 2023, last updated 22 September 2023.
*Combined total of PCR positive test results and rapid antigen test (RAT) positive result registrations.
**Rapid antigen tests (RATs) are reported by individuals using the Service NSW website or app.
***As per the national surveillance definition, deaths are reported as COVID-19 deaths if a person died with COVID-19, not necessarily because COVID-19 was the cause of death. Deaths are only excluded if there is a clear alternative cause of death that is unrelated to COVID-19 (e.g. trauma).
COVID-19-related deaths are notified to NSW Health from a range of sources and not all deaths reported by NSW Health occurred in the week in which they are reported, as there is sometimes a delay between a death occurring and it being notified to NSW Health.
Admitted to hospital
In intensive care
Hospitalisations as of 4pm, 21 September 2023, last updated 22 September 2023.
Contact us and find translation help
- Service NSW – information and advice for NSW residents and businesses. Phone 13 77 88
- National Coronavirus Helpline. Phone 1800 020 080
- healthdirect – government-funded 24-hour health advice. Phone 1800 022 222
- Easy Vaccine Access (EVA) – SMS "Hey Eva" to 0481 611 382 if you need help to book a vaccine appointment
- Disability Gateway – information for people with disability. Phone 1800 643 787
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) – free service provided by the Australian Government. Phone 13 14 50
- Multicultural Health Connect – free health support in your language. Phone 1800 186 815