Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries is a regionally focused organisation with our people working in over 100 locations across the State.
The DPI Strategic Plan for 2022 to 2030 sets the foundation for the Department of Primary Industries to make impactful investments, while delivering on our purpose of maximising outcomes for NSW primary industries, the communities they support and the resources they rely on, both today and for the future.
- Increase productivity and profitability of plant and livestock systems
- Enhance the productive and sustainable use of agricultural resources
- Protect and enhance the biosecurity of NSW
- Maximise food safety, animal welfare and market access in NSW
- Promote the sustainable growth of commercial and recreational fishing, and aquaculture
- Protect and enhance NSW aquatic resources and environment
- Manage hunting and the sustainable growth of forestry
- Maximise our connection with communities, industries and people
- Drive research and business excellence in DPI.
Visit Department of Primary Industries website.
Group Emergency Permits 2022
- Group Emergency Permit - Movement of hives for pollination 19/7/2022 (PDF 297.19KB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Accepting hives for pollination 19/7/2022 (PDF 164.53KB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Movement of Qld hives through NSW 21/7/2022 (PDF 210.97KB)
- Permit PER92639 for Emergency supply and use of Bayvarol (PDF 556.98KB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Movement of hives due to flooding 7/8/2022 (PDF 1.53MB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Alcohol wash exemption 25/8/2022 (PDF 765.47KB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Movement of hives due to flooding 8/9/2022 (PDF 1.48MB)
- Group Emergency Permit - Movement of hives due to flooding 6/10/2022 (PDF 88.98KB)
Also see Department of Primary Industries website.